A/B testing is an essential tool in the modern business toolkit. It allows companies to compare two versions of a webpage or other user experience to determine which performs better. The process involves showing the two variants, A and B, to similar visitors at the same time. The one that gives a better conversion rate wins.
While many brands deploy A/B testing to test new ad variations, A/B testing benefits go well beyond advertising:
- Improved Content: Experimentation allows you to determine what content performs best with your audience. It helps you understand what kind of headlines, body copy, images, call-to-actions, and other elements resonate with your audience.
- Reduced Bounce Rates: By providing content that is relevant and engaging to your users, you can reduce bounce rates. Experimentation helps you identify the content that keeps your users interested and engaged.
- Increased Conversion Rates: Perhaps the most significant benefit of experimentation is its impact on your conversion rates. By testing different elements of your pages, you can optimize every aspect of your site to improve your conversion rates.
- Risk Mitigation: By testing changes with a smaller audience before implementing them site-wide, you can avoid potential pitfalls and ensure that changes will have a positive impact on your results.
Visual Website Optimizer
Visual Website Optimizer, commonly referred to as VWO, is a leading A/B testing and experimentation platform used by thousands of brands across the globe. As a robust tool, it allows businesses to test multiple elements on their websites, apps, and products, fostering data-driven decision-making.
Features of Visual Web Optimizer
VWO offers a host of features that make it a standout platform for A/B testing and more.
- Sophisticated Experimentation: With VWO, you can go beyond standard A/B testing. The platform allows you to run multivariate tests to understand how different combinations of changes impact your results.
- A/B testing – Visually create different versions of your website with an easy point-and-click interface.
- Multivariate Testing – Understand which changes on your website matter most by creating versions and observing real-time performance reports.
- Split URL Testing – Split traffic amongst different versions and you can measure which one performs best.
- Behavioral & Geo-Targeting – Personalize your website or landing page according to each visitor to increase sales.
- Heatmaps & Clickmaps – Visualize where your visitors are clicking on for different test variations. Heatmaps show you where your visitors are clicking and where they aren’t.
- Usability testing – If you need A/B testing ideas and want to get improvement suggestions for your website or landing pages, ask Internet users from our panel.
- Optimize Mobile & Tablet Websites – If you have landing pages or webpages specifically created for mobiles and tablets, you can now optimize them in an editor that emulates those mobiles and tablets.
- Efficient Management: VWO comes with a centralized experimentation management system that increases your testing velocity. This feature allows all team members to stay updated about the status of planning, running, and completing experiments.
- Advanced Analysis: VWO allows you to conduct a detailed analysis of your test results. This feature helps you understand how different user segments respond to your variants.
- User Privacy: VWO takes user privacy seriously. The platform ensures the automatic removal of PII (email addresses and IP addresses) and is compliant with GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA. It also holds ISO 27001:2013, ISO 27701:2019, BS 10012, and PCI DSS certifications.
- Ease of Use: Visual Website Optimizer has both a WYSIWYG editor or HTML editor and the tool can be deployed without the need for IT deployment… just add a code snippet and you’re ready to go.
- Productized Integrations: Plugins make it even easier to integrate the platform with Analytics, Content Management Systems (including WordPress) and Shopping Carts.
- Support: VWO prides itself on providing excellent customer support. You get access to a dedicated customer success manager to guide and advise you on improving your experimentation process.
VWO Enterprise Product Suite
The VWO Platform takes you one step ahead of the conventional experimentation tools by helping you weave a complete picture of your user and create personalized digital experiences which maximize conversions. Their products and services include:
- VWO Testing: A platform for A/B testing, split URL testing, and multivariate testing. It allows businesses to create different versions of their website and test them to see which one performs better. This can help in optimizing website design, user interface, and content for better conversion rates.
- VWO Insights: A user behavior analysis tool. It provides heatmaps, session recordings, on-page surveys, and funnel analysis features. These tools can help businesses understand how users interact with their websites and identify any potential issues or areas for improvement.
- VWO Data360: Collect, aggregate, and enrich your customer data in real-time with VWO’s customer data platform (CDP). Ensure data quality and enforce governance across all channels to optimize experiments, personalize buying journeys, and fine-tune marketing campaigns.
- VWO FullStack: Designed for developers and product teams, it allows them to conduct server-side A/B tests, multivariate tests, and feature rollouts. This can help in optimizing product features, pricing models, algorithms, and more.
- VWO Personalize: A personalization platform that enables businesses to provide a tailored experience to their website visitors based on their behavior, demographics, and other factors. This can help in improving user engagement and conversion rates.
- VWO Plan: Collaboratively discover growth opportunities in your visitors’ journey, build a pipeline of high-impact experimentation ideas and see them all the way to completion.
- VWO Deploy: Minor edits? Adding new sections? Complete website revamp? VWO Deploy can get your job done without involving developers. Deploy Impactful Experiences Without Coder Dependencies
- VWO Services: includes a range of services to support businesses in their conversion optimization journey. These may include strategy, implementation, analysis, and training services, among others.
Start Your Free Trial or Request a Demo